Flu Season Survival Kit
It turns out that your grandma was on to something. Soothing the common cold can be as simple as spoonfuls of chicken soup and gargling with salt water. There's no cure for the common cold, but try these 10 home remedies to ease cold symptoms.
1. Drink lots of fluids. The American Lung Association recommends drinking eight glasses of water or juice per day when trying to power through the common cold. Staying hydrated helps moisturize the lining of the nose and throat, which makes mucus easier to clear. Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks, as they can cause dehydration.
2. Use an air humidifier. You can also help keep nasal and throat passages moist by using an air humidifier, particularly in the winter months when heating makes the air inside your home extra-dry.
3. Try a neti pot. Another way to prevent nasal dryness is with a neti pot, a nose-rinsing device found in drug and health-food stores. These pots are filled with a saline (salt water) solution and are inserted into one nostril while the user tilts his or her head to the side to allow the solution to flow up the nasal passage and out the other nostril.
4. Eat chicken soup. The old adage about chicken soup being good for a cold is practically as old as the common cold itself. But it turns out there's some truth to what your grandmother has been telling you all these years. “Chicken soup is nice for the common cold because it loosens up your mucus,” says Norman Edelman, MD, chief medical officer of the American Lung Association.
5. Take echinacea. Evidence is mixed on the effects of echinacea on the common cold, but some experts say it can be helpful. We recommend a brand like Standard Process. You can order this though one of our Founders Dr Prins. https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/MediHerb/Echinacea-Premium#.XDZlsi2ZP-Y
6. Reach for some zinc lozenges. Like echinacea, the mineral zinc gets mixed marks when being assessed for its effectiveness against the common cold.
7. Take vitamin C. It's up there with chicken soup as far as legendary cold remedies go, and there might be some truth to vitamin C being helpful, too. Some evidence shows that it can reduce the duration and severity of a common cold.
8. Give your nose a massage. Research shows that massaging an acupuncture point known as yingxiang, located at the lower border of the nostril, can provide relief from nasal congestion.
9. Gargle with water. A recent study in which participants gargled with water three times a day found that the ritual can help prevent upper respiratory tract infections.
10. Use CBD Butter Cream on chest & feet. Our CBD Butter Cream Heating will warm you from the outside in. Rubbing this on your chest, feet and under your noise will clear up your sinuses, keep you from chills and help eliminate cold symptoms.
The Heating CBD butter creams are a unique blend of natural pain relieving ingredients in a rich moisturizing body butter. Rich whipped body butter melts with the warmth of your skin and provides moisture deep into the dermal layers.
And of course, there's no substitute for eating a balanced diet and getting plenty of rest to keep your immune system strong. Doing so will keep your body in prime shape to keep more colds at bay.
Stay connected for free resources to expand your health and vitality with non-allopathic remedies and natural CBD solutions.