Top 10 Oils for Muscle, Bone and Joint Pain Relief
With the ever growing pharmaceutical industry, natural remedies and ‘self-care’ had been almost lost to the past! Only in the most recent two decades have they begun to resurface in popularity, as western medicines have proven, far too often, to carry high risk and frustrating lack of results from years misuse, over-use and abuse. After using natural remedies as often as possible, you may experience medications are far more effective when used out of necessity, making oils and other natural remedies great for use as complimentary to western medicine. CBDs and Essential oils have most recently been placed in the spotlight and gained massive headway in the natural healthcare realm. More and more people, every day, are finding their way to oils to for relief they had not experienced in years!
It is important recognize how often depression accompanies pain… have you noticed that you are more irritable, drained and negative when you are in pain? Can you imagine how it may feel to experience chronic pain? Chances are, if you don’t experience it, you have a loved one who does. When someone is suffering from pain, it’s key to note the word “suffering,” because they are! And when this suffering is chronic, it can be difficult to desire a future… what is a future full of pain? Many sufferers of chronic pain have attempted suicide and many have sadly succeeded. With this as a common side effect for medications, it is invaluable to know that oils promote the production of serotonin and dopamine in your brain (the happy hormones)! What this means is, that by using oils to address your pain naturally, you are affectively supporting emotional health at the same time!! And sometimes it’s as easy as setting up a diffuser while your loved ones sleep ☺
Pain can come in many shapes, sizes and forms… There are literally thousands of pain relief options in the natural world, however each one may affect each body and each type of pain, slightly different. So, you may find that you will need to try several before identifying the best fit for your individual need.
With no further ado, we introduce you to the top used oils for pain!
1. CBD – Researched for thousands of years for its anti-inflammatory properties! Responses to a 2005 ABC News poll in the USA indicated that 19% of adults (38 million) have chronic pain, and 6% (or 12 million) have utilized cannabinoids to treat it. These numbers continue to grow with the ever-changing legal climate surrounding cannabis.
2. Helichrysum essential oil is known to relieve muscle spasms, inflammation, and pain as well as nerve regeneration.
3. Wintergreen has been used for centuries to relieve pain. Native Americans chewed the leaves and brewed tea from wintergreen to relieve many types of pain. One milliliter (20 drops) of oil of wintergreen is equivalent to about 1860 mg of aspirin, or almost six regular-strength adult aspirin tablets… so a little bit goes a long way!
4. Clove oil has a warming and numbing effect on sore muscles.
5. Copaiba – Possibly the most powerful anti-inflammatory in the plant world (comparable only to CBD), this oil has been used for pain management by Brazilian healers for centuries!
6. Idaho Balsam Fir, another anti-inflammatory oil, has been prized through the ages for its ability to heal muscular and rheumatic pain.
7. Dorado Azul is a distinct oil that provides relief specifically in arthritic and rheumatic pain.
8. Vetiver is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and has been traditionally used for arthritic symptoms. Additionally, vetiver’s antispasmodic and relaxant properties contribute to earning it a very respectable spot in the top ten list for pain relief!
9. Frankincense is one of the most researched substances known to man. It has been used for thousands of years, was once valued more than gold, and was mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus (dating back to the 16th Century BC). In ancient times, this oil would be prescribed as a muscle relaxer!
10. Peppermint contains menthol, which has a cooling effect on sore, achy muscles. It also has analgesic, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Use Essential Oils
There are three common ways to use essential oils: inhalation, topical application, and internal consumption.
The inhalation of essential oils heightens the senses and can trigger numerous desired responses in the body. Below are several techniques used to inhale essential oils:
- Direct inhalation-simply smell them.
- Diffuse the oils using an ultrasonic diffuser which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The diffuser should not heat the oils, thus ensuring full benefits, as extreme heat can damage important constituents in the oil.
- Fill a humidifier with water. Put a tissue or small cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping steam. (Do not put oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapor and may cause damage to your humidifier.)
- Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
(The recommended method for the use of Your Natural Healthcare CBD products.)
Apply essential oils directly onto the skin where indicated. Dilute with V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex or a pure vegetable oil (e.g., olive or almond) before applying if dilution is indicated in the Application Chart. Dilution may protect against possible skin sensitivities. Key points of application on the body are:
To apply topically on any of these areas, follow these simple steps:
- Carefully tip the oil bottle and drop 2-3 drops in the palm of the hand or directly on the desired application area.
- If dropping oil in your hand, rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion into the skin. Repeat as desired.
- You can also prepare a massage oil with your choice of essential oils mixed into coconut oil, V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex or other pure vegetable oil.
Attention: Essential oils are very potent, and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex or pure vegetable oil to the area to dilute. Do not try to wash them off, as water will exacerbate the irritation. Please read label directions for each individual oil before using.
Where to Topically Apply Essential Oils
- Crown of head
- Temples (being mindful of the eyes)
- Behind ears
- Upper back
- Over vital organs
- Soles of feet
- Wherever you are experiencing pain – just keep clear of mucus membranes.
- Put several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow with water.
- Add 1-2 drops to a glass of water or rice milk.
- Put 1-2 drops onto a piece of bread or add to your meals when cooking.
- Add 1-2 drops onto a teaspoon of Agave and swallow.
Your Natural Healthcare is here to meet all of your CBD needs, let us know how we can help!
Truly PURE essential oils are powerful and effective. For the responsible use of essential oils, read the complete label on each bottle and follow the safety guidelines and tips found in the Essential Oils desk reference available from your Young Living Independent Distributor. We recommend Mary Halstead, a veteran in the essential oils industry, for all your essential oil needs.
Enjoy the power and delightful healing of essential oils!
Stay connected for free resources to expand your health and vitality with non-allopathic remedies and natural CBD solutions.